What to Expect at Your Eye Examination
When you come to Duncanville Eye Associates for an eye exam, we will not cut any corners. We always schedule ample time so you will never feel rushed. Dr. Yothers and Dr. Dover provide complete eye care to both adults and children.
Our comprehensive eye examinations check your eyes inside and out for glaucoma, cataracts, and all other eye diseases, as well as high blood pressure, diabetes, and other systemic diseases. Your visual skills and abilities are carefully evaluated and we will provide you with an accurate eyeglass prescription and provide you with all your available eye wear options to address each of your visual needs; whether they be driving, computer, reading, doing school work, or some other specific task.
When you come in for an exam, we ask that you bring:
- All eyeglasses and contact lenses you routinely use, including reading glasses. If you know the brand of contact lenses you are wearing, please bring that information too.
- A list of any medications you take (including dosages).
- A list of any nutritional supplements you take (including dosages).
- A list of questions to ask the doctor, especially if you have any medical eye problems or are interested in contact lenses.
- Bring your medical or vision insurance card if you will be using it for a portion of your fees. If you do plan on using your insurance for your visit, please make that clear to our staff when setting your appointment. Often times precertification or an authorization is required in advance.
We are committed to keeping up with any advances in medicine and eye care. Dr. Yothers and Dr. Dover, along with their staff, are committed to continuously upgrading their knowledge through ongoing continuing education courses and in-office training.
For eye care you can trust and rely on for the entire family, click here or call us today to make an appointment!